By | January 9, 2013

If you are Iranian and you are interested in getting a Spanish Visa read our guide

Iranian citizens coming to work, study or live in Spain: are required to obtain a visa – note that this also includes Iranian spouses and dependents. Even if you are not required to have get a visa, in order to officially stay resident in Spain everyone needs to apply for a NIE (Número de Identidad de Extranjero) and a residency card (Tarjeta de Residente Comunitario).

If you are an Iranian Citizen, how do you get a SPANISH visa?

You will normally (i.e. there are exceptions) have to apply for the visa in person (you cannot send in the application by mail). Remember also to apply in time, as the average processing time is 3-4 weeks. Here is a bit of information on what you need to bring to the Spanish Consulate (but remember to check this carefully yourself directly with the Consulate):

-A signed passport with a validity of at least 6 months
-3 recent pictures (passport size)
-Original letter of invitation from the language school. The letter must state that:
● You are enrolled as a full time student at an official school or university in Spain
● You have paid the tuition in full
● You are covered by a health insurance while in Spain
-Original and signed medical certificate typed on the doctors stationary – stating that you are in good health.
-If you are going to stay for more than 6 months, you must bring an original certificate of good conduct (issued by the police department of the city/cities where you have stayed 6 months or more the last 5 years).
-One copy of each of the documents above

In addition you have to guarantee that you have enough funds to live in Spain by providing one of the three following items:

Letter from the study abroad program assuming full financial responsibility for tuition, room and board for the student during his stay in Spain. For many students this information is included on the previously mentioned letter of acceptance. Proof of having received financial aid or scholarship covering expenses for tuition, room, board, and personal expenses during the stay in Spain (minimum of USD 350 per month).
Notarized letter from parents assuming full financial responsibility for the student for at least USD 350 per month of stay in Spain.

General Requirements for Spain Visas

For any visa application for Spain, expect to require the following documents, plus those specifically as noted below for each individual type of visa for Spain.

To apply for your visa the following requirements must be submitted in person:

Passport valid for a minimum of six months and three photocopies of the personal information and photo page.
4 recent pictures, passport size.
Original marriage certificate.
Original certificate of good conduct issued by the police department of the city or cities where the applicant has spent 6 months or more in the last 5 years, with a translation into Spanish.
Original medical certificate typed on doctors stationary verifying that the applicant is free from the following quarantine diseases: yellow fever, cholera, and the plague. The certificate must also certify that the applicant is free of drug addictions and mental illness, with a translation into Spanish.
Original Medical Insurance that will cover you in Spain.
It is also necessary to submit two (2) photocopies of all the documents.

Spanish Visa types:
Retirement Visa for Spain
Student Visa for Spain
Investors and Self-employment Visa for Spain
Non-lucrative Visa for Spain
Work-exempt Visa for Spain
Family Reunification Visa for Spain

For a selection of property in this sought after area visit our website

For local help and advise contact

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *